These sourdough breadsticks are my favorite! They are very crispy from the semolina flour. This is a great way to use up your sourdough discard! I could eat the whole batch of these in one sitting.
If you don’t have much time, you could mix the dough and leave it in the refrigerator for a few days.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases from some links in this post.
- 125 g starter
- 190 grams semolina flour
- 40 grams all purpose flour
- 100 grams water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
- Handful of grated parmesan
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- black pepper
Instructions for sourdough breadsticks
- Mix all the ingredients (except olive oil), knead and cover. Let the dough sit out for ~4 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Then roll out into a rectangle that is about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into thin strip about 1/2 wide. It helps if you sprinkle semolina flour on parchment paper to roll out the dough. This dough can be a bit sticky. If the dough gets too soft from rolling, you can put it back into the refrigerator to chill, then retry rolling it again.
- Twist and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
These sourdough breadsticks are so delicious and versatile. Let me know how the recipe works out for you in the comments below!
If you like these, you might also like my sourdough cracker recipe here.